How to use NHLHS
A few major changes made today, so I wanted to make note of them to all of our loyal readers. NHL Hot Stove no longer covers Fantasy Hockey or Betting in any capacity. Starting tomorrow I will begin covering these topics for Daily Faceoff and shortly after The Sporting News.
NHL Hot Stove, however, will cover any and every rumor circulating in hockey. Here are some features we currently share and are in the process of sharing:
- The Man Behind the Mask – a player profile of every NHL goaltender.
- Restoring the Rosters – Our staff writer Jose Simoes looks to continue this successful and interesting series, where he searches for the right combination of every team’s original players.
- Cost-Efficiency – analyzing a player’s monetary value to a team.
- Our very own Katlyn Gambill looks deeper into the correlation between team age and success, a series coming very soon.
- We also will shortly bring together a new series profiling the Calder Award nominees, starting with John Tavares this Thursday.
- Follow us on Twitter and become a member of our Facebook Fan Page. You can also grab our RSS feed.
- Right now our focus remains on the trade deadline as well as the Olympics, but once those pass we will do some GM Profiles and Trades Revisited features as well as begin coverage of the NHL Entry Draft.
- Look for special guest bloggers such as Buddy Oakes from Preds on the Glass to cover articles in our series.
- Trending topics in the NHL will be covered in our Around the League section, which essentially discusses what everyone else in the hockey world is discussing.
- Check out our new drop down menus at the top, for simple and smooth navigation.
- Feel free to send us your feedback by either commenting on a story or using our contact page. The contact page handles advertising inquiries, writing inquiries, tips, etc.
- We tend to use Hockey Database for statistics information and NHL Numbers for salary information.
- Last but not least, we picked up the Morning Papers section from the now, unfortunately disbanded Illegal Curve. We of course would like to thank them for allowing us to resume their excellent feature, you can still listen to their radio show every Wednesday from 7 – 9 PM CST.
I appreciate all of our loyal readers coming to visit this site on a daily basis and I look forward to more continued success.